Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy 2nd Anniversary, among other things. :)

Ready for an update? Here it goes! In December/January......
  • Steve finished a successful semester of the MBA program. One down, three to go!
  • I lost my job, which I was really sad about because I loved what I was doing and have been on the job search ever since. Needless to say, Steve has been getting a lot of home-cooked meals and the apartment is being cleaned on a more regular basis. :)
  • I passed the last part of the CPA exam!! When I opened my score, Steve jumped up and down for joy and I shed a few tears. It was a happy day. I am now in the process of applying for my license.
  • We celebrated our 2nd anniversary by spending a few days in Zion National Park (pics below)
  • We spent about 10 days in Henderson with my family for Christmas and New Years. I was so glad we were able to spend so much time with my family. I think I needed it!
Here we are outside of Stomp Out Loud at Planet Hollywood to celebrate Amanda's 18th birthday. Such a cool performance!

Outside the Bellagio.....the only reason we ever go to the strip!

Happy 2nd Anniversary!!

Zion was beautiful!! We had so much fun hiking and walking the trails. At this point of our hike, we decided to turn around and go back down. I think it was a good idea. :)


I love this man!

10 comments:

Driel said...

Way to go on your CPA exams! You are amazing in sooo many ways. We need to get together sometime. I miss you.

Brittney said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats on the CPA exam! So sorry to hear about losing your job!! Such mixed news!! I hope you find a new job soon.

Jamee said...

Happy and Sad, but I am sure Heavenly Father has his plan for you. Congrats on the exam!!! I hear it is SOOOO hard. When I finally got my hygiene license I shed a few tears too. Job search...good luck. I hope you find something that fits you better than what you had before. It was nice to hear from you...I was getting worried.

Teresa said...

Happy Anniversary. You two will always be newly weds to me! Congrats on passing your CPA exams, and I hope all goes well with the job search. Looks like you had a great time in Vegas, so I missed you :).

Amy said...

Congrats on the exam! When you get your license can you start working from home? Happy Anniversary!

Britney and Jaron said...

Congrats on passing your exam and on your anniversary! I know a job will work out really soon for you. Let me know if you want to hang out one day since Jaron has to study a lot and Lexi and I are a bit of a distraction! :)

Jacob and Emily said...

Wow what an eventful couple of months! Congrats on the CPA! I'm sure you worked your butt off for it too. That's el sucko about the lack of job. Good luck with the job hunt. Lastly, Happy late Anniversary!

Megs said...

Congrats on the exams. That is so exciting. Looks like a fun holiday!!

The Bames said...

Zion looks so pretty in the winter. I had forgotten. Getting out in nature is always a break for me.

Congrats on the CPA exam!!

Riva said...

awwwww, you two are so cute! it's about time you posted something new! so ok, we all need to get together again!
xo