It's been about a month since our last post... and I think that Laura has one planned out in her mind (complete with pictures), but here is a quickie update on what's up.
We are both in our final weeks of work (yikes!) and will be moving back to Provo next week. It's crazy how fast time goes by. We have a place to stay after 1) giving up on the place we wanted 2) buying a contract for a little 1bedroom apartment in desperation for way more than a 1bedroom apartment should go for in Provo, UT... it's ridiculous how difficult it is to get decent housing in Provo right now 3) having the original location come available 4) selling the contract on our insurance policy (or backup apartment) in half a day. Yes, it took less than a full day to have someone take over the rent starting that same day. I was contacted by about 8 other people in that time. THAT is what you are dealing with if you are looking for married student housing right now. It's a feeding frenzy.
We're excited to be living someplace where I can walk/bike to school, and Laura can get to work in less than 45 minutes. (It'll take her about 5). I think commute time will play a very big factor in our job search.
We are currently in the process of organizing and packing our house. It's the first time Laura and I will be moving together and I can already say, it's way more fun than doing it alone. We're excited/nervous about going back to school, and I am going to owe my wife big time for being willing to support me as I pursue my education.
Sahuarita and Tucson have been fun, but I think we're ready for a new chapter in our lives!
-Steve
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Laura,
I found you blog off of Teresa's, I thought it was someone else's but was pleasantly surprised. That's exciting you guys are moving back to Provo- looks like you keep pretty busy. If you ever feel like- you'll have to check us out at viewofthehills.blogspot.com
~Nikki (Shamo) Hills
Congratulations!!! I hope you have a great time at BYU.
Best wishes with the packing. I hope you two are not doing U-haul...you deserve much better than that :). I am so glad to hear that your housing worked out. Have a great time in Provo!
Post a Comment