Sunday, June 14, 2009

A hiking we will go

Steve and I decided we need to start taking advantage of some of the great hiking around here, so we headed out Saturday to see what we could find. Within about 30 minutes of where we're living, we found two great hikes that led us to yet some more waterfalls/cascades. We were in heaven and can't wait for more!


On our way to Franklin Falls



Standing in the middle of Denny Creek



I thought this was extremely cool



Checking out the river rock at Franklin Falls



This is where we ate our lunch. The bridge to cross the creek had been washed out by the severe winter, so we had to walk across a couple of logs to make it to a dry spot in the middle of the creek. It was a very fun adventure!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Looks beautiful!! That first picture looks a little naturey :P but the rest look like it was okay :) I, too, am glad you are here!

Jamie said...

Are you in Seattle? It seems like we aer getting alot more rain than you are! We are going to Seattle over the 4th of July. Do you know anything fun going on? Maybe we could see you! Love the hike pics. I wish it would stop raining so we could go out!

Amy said...

You guys sure know how to enjoy every weekend! It looks beautiful and so close to home. BTW I accidentally deleted your comment on my blog but I wanted to let you know that I got to read it!